Genially




When working with Genially, I divided my students into groups of 3 and pairs when needed. I offered them freedom to chose the modality they wanted to work on: they could choose to design a presentation, a game, a video, a report, etc. The only think that I fixed was the contents: they had to work on past tenses.

Then, we agreed on the due date and they discussed their roles in their groups. This way, they could work more easily. Once this was done, I explained how to use the tool and the different stages of the project: 

1) Discussing roles
2) Organizing dates
3) Choosing modality
4) Organizing information
5) Designing the project itself
6) Revising it
7) Presenting it to the class

While a group was presenting their project, the rest of students were supposed to take notes and be able to summarize the presentation after it. Apart from it, I asked them to evaluate their partners' projects by means of a simple rubric to be completed during the presentation. 

The learning objectives of this activity were developing speaking skills, working on past tenses and developing ICT skills through Genially. I believe that it is a very interesting tool which allows us to prepare original presentations but it cannot be used with students of all levels (in CSE) as it is not as intuitive as others. 

I am going to show you an example of the projects they did. In this case, it was a quiz to review contents before the exam:

Comments

Popular Posts